Radial JS2 Mic Splitter - 2 channel XLR Microphone Splitter
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
RADIAL JS2 - The ultimate Microphone Splitter with Jensen Transformer
The Radial JS2 is a high performance balanced mic level splitter that splits one input signal to feed multiple destinations such as mixers, speakers, preamps and processors at the same time. Using a premium Jensen transformer that provides noiseless operation, the JS2 is ideal for use in professional studio, broadcast, or live applications.
Mic and Line Level XLR Input With a 30db PAD
The JS2 features one dedicated XLR input with a -30db PAD to counter for hot input signals, prevent distortion whilst converting the unit from a mic splitter into a line level splitter. Therefore, the JS2 can be used not just to split the signal from microphones, but also directly from instruments such as keyboards and acoustic guitars, as well various other audio feeds.
Multiple Outputs for Signal Splitting
The most important feature of the JS2 is the 3 XLR output options, labeled Direct Thru Output 1, Direct Thru Output 2 and ISO Output. The Direct Thru Outputs are used to take a parallel signal from the input to a destination such as a main mixer. Meanwhile, the ISO output includes a high quality Jensen JT-MBC transformer that de-couples the signal ground and isolates the device connected to it. This device could be a second mixer, a monitor mixer, a broadcast feed or similar, where its operation is separate to the main mixer or destination fed by Direct Out 1 and 2. By engaging the transformer, any likelihood of buzz, interference or colouration of the signal being split is eliminated thus ensuring professional, high quality audio signal for broadcast or recording.
Trademark Radial Quality
As with all Radial products, the JS2 is designed to handle the rigors of professional touring. Our unique book-end design creates protective zones around the switches, connectors and controls to keep them out of harm's way. Inside, our time-tested I-beam construction assures the sensitive internal PC board will not torque which could otherwise cause premature part failure. Finally, a full bottom no-slip pad provides mechanical isolation and electrical insulation, further advantaging the user.
- Jensen transformer equipped for optimal signal transfer
- Single isolated XLR output
- Ground Lift and PAD
- Rack mountable using the J-Rak system
- Audio circuit type: Passive mic/line splitter, transformer based
- Number of channels: Three-way splitter (one in/three out)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB/ -2dB)
- Dynamic range: 140dB
- Maximum input: +25dBu @ 1kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Phase deviation: 0.7° @ 100Hz; 2.8° @ 20Hz
- Common mode rejection ratio:
- Input impedance: 2.4k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- JS2 transformer: JT-MB-CPC, 1:1 ratio
- Shield: Dual Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input pad: -30dB (allows line-level sources)
- Ground lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 at direct-2 and isolated output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: XLR-F in, XLR-M direct; direct-2; isolated outputs
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Dimensions: 84mm (W) x 127mm (H) x 48mm (D)
- Weight: 0.70 kg (1.55 lbs)
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Custom Label: RA-JS2
Shipping Weight: 0.8000