BV200 Valve Microphone
The BV200 is a low-noise premium vacuum tube studio microphone that offers exceptional value for money. Employing a hand selected, 12AX7 tube combined with high grade capacitors and resistors, this microphone has the clarity and warmth to deliver excellent results for the professional engineer. The 35mm dual capsule assembly with a 6 micron membrane offers exceptional sensitivity with an open, rich texture. The BV200 is an ideal microphone for studio and broadcast environments where versatility and a vintage quality are desired.
The transformer coupled circuit design and sonic character of the BV200 are comparable to some of the finest vintage German tube microphones of the 1950s and 1960s. The 12AX7 dual triode is a moderate gain tube, which in this circuit means a smooth extension into natural and musical sounding saturation and compression before unwanted distortion. Despite its vintage components, this mic is by no means delicate with respect to SPL tolerance. With the pad engaged the BV200 could even be cautiously used on a quad box or kick drum!
Multiple Polar Patterns
Another unique feature of this microphone is the different selectable polar patterns easily available from the selector switch on the front panel of the included power supply. As well as the popular standard patterns, Omnidirectional, Cardioid, and Figure Eight, the BV200 has three gradient stages between each pattern. This affords the studio engineer or home recordist the ability to use their ears and blend between the pickup patterns to get the best results.
As well as a retro shockmount, which allows precise position and isolation, the BV200 package includes a metal pop filter, velvet-lined, padded woden box, power supply, 7-pin mic cable and a durable aluminium road case for the whole lot!
- High Performance Multi-pattern Wide Diaphragm Tube Condenser Mic
- Rugged Brass Microphone Body and Capsule Assembly
- 35mm Large Gold Dual Diaphragm Capsule
- Hand Selected 12AX7 Vacuum Tube
- Premium Preamp Circuit Components
- Transformer Coupled Tube Circuitry
- 9 Selectable Polar Patterns
- Low Cut and Sensitivity Attenuator Switches
- Included Accessories:
- Power Supply
- Padded Wooden Mic Box
- Road Case
- Removable Metal Pop filter
- 7 Pin Mic Cable
- Selectable Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure 8
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB± 2dB (0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz)
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohm
- High-Pass: 80Hz
- Pad: -10dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 20dB (A Weighted)
- S/N Ratio: 78dB
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Max SPL: 134dB for 0.5% THD (144dB with pad engaged)
- Connector: 7-Pin XLR
- Dimensions: L 230mm x W 63mm
- Dimensions (case): L 58cm W 43cm D 19cm
- Weight: 1.3kg
- Power Requirement: Included Power Supply Only
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.