Alctron MP73EQ Microphone Preamp and Equaliser
MP73EQ Microphone Preamp and Equaliser
This high end sounding microphone preamplifier and equaliser allows for the use of a wide variety of microphones with its impedance selector on the input. The EQ is very functional and selectable. A high-pass filter is provided as well. It is built solidly and in the style of the classic "English" 1073 mic preamp.
Onboard EQ and Filter
The MP73EQ has a switchable high pass filter, which lets you cut out the mud and other useless low-frequency noise that can cloud up your sound. Shelving high and low-frequency EQ controls with selectable cutoff frequencies give you an enormous range of tone, and semi-parametric mid control lets you dial in frequencies from 360Hz all the way up to 7.2k - perfect for fine-tuning your sound.
Solidly Built in a Traditional Style
This preamp is built in a proper way without integrated circuits in the signal path. Transformer balanced inputs and outputs, 3-band EQ with good old frequency selection and adjustable bass filter. The MP73EQ also has several features that are rare in this price range, such as selectable impedance on the mic preamp, separate mic and line inputs, and a DI in front that is worth the price alone.
Classic "English" Sound
The MP73EQ's saturation (harmonic density and richness) and EQ curves are like the classic 1073. The saturation in the low end has the same sound signature as the classic mic pre. It is also very quiet and has alot of gain headroom.
- Classic English sound
- Solid design
- No IC's in the circuit
- Transformer balanced output
- Transformer balanced input
- Up to 80dB gain - great for low output microphones
- Optional impedance on microphone input
- DI input
- Frequency Response: 11Hz 77.65kHz 3dB. Level variation is less than 0.2%.
- Input impedance: Microphone 300 & 1,200 ohms. Line 10,000 ohms D.I. 100,000 ohms
- Sensitivity: Microphone -80dBm to -20dBm in 5dB steps for 0 dBm output. Line -20 dBm to +10 dBm in 5 dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Output: Balanced and floating to feed a 600 ohm load.
- Maximum output +26 dBm into 600 ohms, or +20dBm into 150 ohms.
- Output impedance: 600ohms, balanced (source impedance 75 ohms)
- Distortion: 1k Hz = 0.0245%
- Noise: Measured at 80 db of gain with 200 ohm input termination, without 20Hz to 20kHz to assist in filtering out noise.
- -49dbu with final output stage at 50% EIN -129 dbu
- -46dbu with final output stage at unity EIN -126 dbu
- -56dbu without final output stage EIN -136 dbu
- Controls either “flat” or switched out
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.