iSK DM-58 Vocal Mic w/ XLR to USB Adapter
By: Richard Jupp on 14 June 2016Great products and fantastic value. The DM58 we have used before, very good quality at any price. Robust too - have already dropped it a few times (oops!) XLR to USB we weren't sure about but guessed nothing to lose by giving it a try. Turns out to be a fabulous gizmo! For anyone using Linux O/S, it worked first go and was found by Pulse Audio with no dramas. We used the combo with Audacity s/w to record some big wind chimes, very pleased with the overall setup.
USB Vocal Recording Package
Everything you need to get started in recording great quality vocals and speech!
USB connection - Works on PC or Mac!
- iSK DM-58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- iSK UC100 USB to XLR Microphone Adapter
- 1x mic clip
- 1x 5m XLR microphone cable
- Suited to Vocals and Speech
- Brightened midrange and bass roll-off make vocals clear
- A built-in spherical filter minimises noise from wind and breath "pop"
- Cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimising unwanted background noise
- Element: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-16kHz
- Polar Pattern: Uni-directional (Cardioid)
- Sensitivity: -55dB±3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Output Impedance: 400Ω±30% (at 1kHz)
Frequency Response diagrams
- PC/MAC Recording - Connect any dynamic mic to a computer
- USB connection preserves signal quality!
- Plug and Play with Win200, XP, Vista, Windows7
- Connectors: 3pin XLR to USB 2.0
- Resolution: 16bit 48/44.1 KHz
- Dynamic Range: 80dB
- Input Impedance: 1000ohm
- S/N Ratio: 83dB
- Frequency Response at 48KHz: 20Hz -19 KHz
- Signal Input Range: 0 - 2.8Vpp
- Signal Boost Gain: +20dB
- Plug and Play under Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Compatible with Apple MAC OS X
Home recordings are really easy, though an audio recording program better than the computer's inbuilt "sound recorder", is needed to produce high quality recordings.
Audacity is a great free program to get started with:
Custom Label: MP-DM-58-UC100
Shipping Weight: 0.7400