10-in/14-out USB 2.0 and FireWire Hybrid Audio Interface with 2 Microphone Preamplifiers, DSP Mixer and Built-in Reverb, EQ, and Compression Effects - Mac/PC
Handy Interface Connects Via USB or FireWire!
When you pick the Ultralite-mk3 Hybrid, you won't have to be worried about limiting yourself to just one connection type. This audio interface is the first ever to feature two types of connectors: USB 2.0 and FireWire. These two connection types are available on nearly every new Mac or PC laptop or desktop computer, so you'll be set wherever you decide to record! When you use FireWire, your Ultralite-mk3 Hybrid will get all the power it needs right from your computer - including the phantom power needed for your condenser microphones. When connected via USB, you can use the included power adapter to get full functionality.
Multi-channel Audio for your Mac or PC
As far as connectivity goes, the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid features 24-bit/192kHz operation with a generous complement of inputs and outputs. It has two microphone preamplifiers plus six balanced line-level 1/4" (TRS) inputs (a total of eight analog ins) and 10 analog TRS outputs. Also included are stereo S/PDIF digital I/O, a dedicated stereo headphone output, and MIDI I/O for a controller keyboard and other gear. That makes way for serious versatility in your studio. It gets better, though.
Powerful Built-In Effects and Routing
With built-in effects and DSP routing, the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid lets you dial in great headphone mixes, without taxing your computer. The effects include reverb, parametric EQ and compression/limiting. Of special note, you'll appreciate the built-in accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor which provides vintage, musical automatic gain control. These aren't just ho-hum effects - these are great-sounding tools you can use to create wet headphone mixes while you keep a dry monitor mix. But if you want, you can record your signals wet, so you don't have to waste CPU on effects later down the line.
Control CueMix with your iPad
MOTU's CueMix FX software, the mixing software that drives the powerful routing of the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid, can be controlled from your iPad. MOTU created CueMix templates for the TouchOSC controller app, giving you complete control over your UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid's mixing and effects processing over a Wi-Fi network. This means that when you're recording in your studio, you don't need to keep going back to your computer to adjust gain levels, change monitoring effects, or virtually anything else you rely on CueMix for.
It's a Great Standalone Mixer too
You can take charge of the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid's DSP mixer and effects 100% free of a computer, so you can use it as a standalone mixer when you're just jamming around and don't have time to go find your laptop. It also makes a great stage companion. You can make all the adjustments you need to make straight from the front panel menu, so you can bring it to the gig and use it as a regular mixer - complete with effects.
- Hybrid FireWire and USB 2.0 audio interface
- 10-input, 14-output audio interface with FireWire bus power
- Included power adapter for when connected via USB 2.0
- Two microphone preamplifiers with 48V phantom power
- Six balanced line-level TRS inputs
- Ten analog TRS outputs
- Stereo 96kHz S/PDIF I/O
- Latency-free monitoring with four monitor mixes
- Onboard 14-bus digital mixer with effects
- Can operate as a standalone mixer with effects
- Program with CueMix Console software or computer-free via front panel
- Slaves to SMPTE time code
- Compatible with Mac and PC computers
- Computer Connection Type: FireWire and USB
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 10 x 14
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: Yes
- Number of Audio Inputs: 8
- Audio Input Types: 2 x Combo (Mic/Line/Hi-Z), 6 x TRS
- Number of Audio Outputs: 11
- Audio Output Types: 8 x TRS, 2 x TRS (Main), 1 x TRS (Headphone)
- Number of Digital Inputs: 2
- Digital Input Types: 1 x S/PDIF (Coax)
- Number of Digital Outputs: 2
- Digital Output Types: 1 x S/PDIF (Coax)
- Number of Mic Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: Yes
- MIDI I/O: In, Out
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Depth: 7"
- Width: 9.5"
- Height: 1.75"
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.