Zoom H3-VR 360° Virtual Reality Handy Audio Recorder
Zoom H3-VR 360° Virtual Reality Handy Audio Recorder
The Zoom H3-VR is a complete solution for capturing & processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. It is designed with a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder. Also record Binaural 3D stereo, 5.1 surround, and live streaming 360.
Audio for Every Reality
- Ambisonics Audio for VR
- The H3-VR’s 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures precise 360-degree VR audio recordings up to 24 bit/96 kHz. And without ever connecting to a computer, the onboard decoder allows you to export Ambisonics B-format files directly.
- Binaural 3D Stereo
- The H3-VR also records stereo binaural WAV files up to 24 bit/48 kHz. Stereo binaural provides a hyper-realistic spatial recording that enhances 2D productions with 3D audio.
- Standard Stereo
- The H3-VR even offers standard stereo recording for recordings that will be played out of speakers rather than headphones.
- 5.1ch Surround for Video
- Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video
- Live Streaming 360
- The H3-VR also enables you to live stream events in 360 degrees so that wherever your fans are, they’ll have access to the best seats in the house
The H3-VR’s compact, conical design captures audio from multiple angles without getting in the way of the camera or the action. The Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Monitoring and Playback
Monitor your audio live in stereo binaural or use the H3-VR’s onboard Ambisonics Decoding to simulate your recorded 360-experience during playback.
Steaming and More
Perfect for live streaming, video conferencing, direct recording and more, the H3-VR’s audio interface mode turns it into a USB 360 mic for your computer or stereo mic for your iOS device.
Out of the Shot bit in Control
Staying out of the shot can be tricky when recording a 360-degree video, which is why the H3 Control App lets you remotely access transport controls, level settings, and metadata notes right from your iOS device.*
*Optional BTA-1 adapter required
Zoom Ambisonic Player
The H3-VR’s companion ZOOM Ambisonics Player software takes the work out of post-production by easily converting your Ambisonics files to Stereo, Binaural, 5.1ch surround and more. Play, trim, re-orientate and export your audio files in minutes.
Designed with Intentions:
- OUTPUT VOLUME CONTROLS - The H3-VR's line out volume control lets you adjust the output volume to a DSLR camera, additional headphone, etc.
- HEADPHONE JACK - A dedicated headphone jack allows for stereo binaural monitoring of your audio while recording.
- DYNAMIC DISPLAY - A directionally-responsive LCD screen provides a bright, clear display even when upside-down.
- TRANSPORT CONTROLS - The Home, Play/Pause, Forward, Reverse and Menu buttons are positioned for quick access.
- POWER/HOLD BUTTON - Lock your settings on the H3-VR while recording using the unit's Hold function.
- PRECISE INTERNAL CLOCK - The H3-VR's highly accurate internal clock with 0.5 ppm discrepancy reduces audio/visual drift.
- SLATE TONE / SOUND MARKER - Using the slate tone enables you to easily calibrate the H3-VR and camera audio levels. Use the sound marker to output a tone when recording starts to make syncing audio and video easy.
- BUILT-IN LIMITER - The H3-VR features a built-in limiter to prevent clipping and distortion during your most dynamic moments.
- LOW CUT FILTER - The H3-VR's adjustable low cut filter removes unwanted low-end frequencies.
- INPUT VOLUME GAIN - With the single-knob gain control, you can easily adjust the gains of all four mic capsules simultaneously for accurate, balanced 360-degree audio.
- POWER OPTIONS - Two AA batteries can power the H3-VR for over 11 hours. For longer shoots, the H3-VR can also use portable USB batteries or be plugged in via an AC adapter.
- 3.5MM LINE OUT - The H3-VR fits right in with your existing gear, featuring a dedicated line out for a wide range of 360 cameras or other external devices.
- LIGHTWEIGHT/PORTABLE DESIGN - Weighing less 120g, the H3-VR is the perfect Ambisonics recorder to take on the go. Since H3-VR records directly to an SD card, there's no need for external gear.
- H3-VR Handy Recorder
- Foam windscreen
- Dual mounting bracket
- AA batteries
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire,
- upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert
- to binaural, stereo,and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
|RECORDING MEDIA||Cards compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC specifications
(Class 4 or higher)
|Ambisonics A, Ambisonics B (FuMa/AmbiX)||WAV 4ch poly (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit|
|Stereo||WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit|
|Binaural||WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit|
|DISPLAY||1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64)|
|MOTION SENSOR||6 axes (3-axis gyro, 3-axis acceleration)|
|BUILT-IN AMBISONIC MIC||4 matched unidirectional condenser mics|
|Maximum sound pressure input||120 dB SPL|
|Mic gain||+18 – +48 dB|
|LINE OUT||Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini|
|Maximum output level||−10 dBu (1 kHz, 10 kΩ load)|
|PHONE OUT||Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini|
|Maximum output level||20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)|
|Mass storage operation||USB 2.0 High Speed|
|Audio interface operation||2 in/2 out (stereo/binaural input), USB 2.0 Full Speed
44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit
4 in/2 out ( Ambisonics A/FuMa/AmbiX input), USB 2.0 High Speed
44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
|POWER||2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or lithium)
AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A (supports USB bus power)
|ESTIMATED CONTINUOUS RECORDING TIME USING BATTERIES||48 kHz/24-bit, FuMa Rec Mode|
|Alkaline batteries||about 11.5 hours|
|NiMH batteries (1900 mAh)||about 11.5 hours|
|Lithium batteries||about 24 hours
|• The above values are approximate.
• Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house
|EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS||76 mm (W) × 78 mm (D) × 123 mm (H)|
|WEIGHT (MAIN UNIT ONLY)||120 g|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.