Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Gen 3 18-in 8-out USB Audio Interface with 4 Preamps
Scarlett 18i8 Gen 3 18-in 8-out USB Audio Interface with 4 Mic Preamps
An ideal 4 mic preamp USB audio interface which is well suited to project studios. If you are a multi-instrumentalist, producer or band, and require pristine mic pres, low latency, and two H/P outputs, then this is the one! Updated to the Gen 3 version. Featuring four of the best performing Scarlett mic preamps the range has ever heard – now with Air, two high headroom instrument inputs, eight balanced line inputs, four balanced outputs, and four monitor outs, featuring anti-thump tech and speaker switching.
Studio Wherever You Are
18i8 has a way in for everyone, with four mic/line inputs, two of which double as instrument-ins, and four fixed line-ins. Then, you have four balanced line-outs and speaker switching plus two independent headphone outs to monitor, mix and play back however you want. Whatever you’re recording, wherever you are, you can take your whole studio with you.
Best Scarlett Mic Pre's
Focusrite have been making mic preamps for 30 years, and the 3rd Gen mic pres are the best Scarlett has ever heard. The 24-bit/192kHz converters give your recordings clarity and detail. Air mode breathes life into vocals, adding unique high-end detail. Our decades of experience mean Scarlett sounds just like you.
With ADAT, you can grow your recording capabilities even further. Want to mic up an entire drum kit? Add an eight-channel mic pre such as Scarlett OctoPre or Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic and never miss a beat.
Focusrite Control makes it simple to route your audio and cue mix, loopback and monitor mixes, from your Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Send, stream, sample – simple.
- Three Month Avid Pro Tools Subscription: get a taste of the industry standard recording experience with this legendary DAW
- Ableton Live Lite: the iconic DAW gives you everything you need to get started including instruments, effects and Live’s trademark clip and scene launching
- Three Month Splice Sounds Subscription: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily
- Focusrite Plug-in Collective: receive free versions of the most innovative software, as well as benefiting from discounts, with new software added monthly
- Four of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen
- Preamps have switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Eight balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machine and other line-level sources
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Protocol: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 8
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Number of Preamps: 4
- Number of Pads: 4
- Phantom Power: YES
- Instrument Inputs: 2
- Line Inputs: 6
- Analog Outputs: 4
- Headphone Outputs: 2
- Main/Alt Speaker Switching: YES (via software)
- Talkback: NO
- Digital Inputs: ADAT
- Digital Outputs: S/PDIF & 2 x ADAT
- Loopback: YES
- MIDI I/O: YES
- Bus Powered: NO
- Included PSU: YES
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 and up
- macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra and up *
* Current compatability of macOS 11 Big Sur is limited to 'Intel' only, without full support of Apple Silicon M1 confirmed.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.