Pair of Monkey Banana Gibbon Air Bluetooth Active 4" Studio Monitors - Black
Monkey Banana Active 4" Studio Speaker Monitors with Bluetooth Connectivity - Black
The 4" Gibbon Air active monitor series by Monkey Banana are the ideal solution for home studios and audio set ups where available space is at a premium. With Bluetooth connectivity, Gibbon Air 4" speakers dispense the need for multiple cable runs whilst ensuring reproduction of a tight low end, and clear highs and mids in a format that is both compact and convenient.
Bi-Amped and Nearfield Design
With an efficient bi-amped design and unique technology that sees the crossover set at an impressive 3kHz, the Gibbon series monitors can reproduce audio over a wide frequency range. Designed to work in a small space, they excel as a nearfield monitor and are perfect for those that produce their own electronic music, or mix tracks that rely on bottom end and vocal clarity.
Multiple Configurations Possible
Another cool thing about the Gibbon Series Monitors is how they can be used in different configurations. When short on space, the Gibbon 4" models operate well with their extended but tight bottom end. However, adding a sub will maximise efficiency whilst adding even more bottom end for those hip hop and dance mixes. For the real sound aficionado, then try them in a true 5.1 surround sound configuration, perfect for obtaining the cinematic effects for mixing soundtracks and media based audio.
Who are Monkey Banana?
Monkey Banana was formed in Germany in 2004 with a goal of creating audio products with exceptional design and engineering quality at a competitive price. After years of testing, design research and perfecting manufacturing techniques, their first studio monitors were released to the public in 2010. Monkey Banana's audio products have generated a lot of passionate interest and are used by professional producers, DJs, musicians and studios around the world.
- Active Nearfield 2-Way Monitors
- Total of 60 watts of Bi-amped Power
- Matched Pair of Speakers
- 1 inch Silk Dome Tweeter / 4 inch LF Woofer
- Rear Port
- Adjustable HF and LF Attenuation Controls
- Colour: Red
- Overall Volume Control
- Power On/Off Switch
- Set up in Stereo, or Part of 5.1 Surround Configurations
- Monkey Banana logo LED Signal Indicator Light on Front Panel
- Standby Mode activated after 12 Minutes of No Source Signal
- 110V/220-230V Selector Switch
- Woofer: 4 inch Magnetically Shielded Polypropylene Membrane
- Tweeter: 3/4" Silk Dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- HF Level: -6dB - +6dB variable at 100hz.
- LF Level: -6dB - +6dB variable at 100hz.
- HF Amplifier power: 30W
- LF Amplifier power: 30W
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 90db
- Input Impedance: 20KΩ Balanced, 10KΩ Unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: +4dBu Balanced, -10dBu Unbalanced
- Inputs: Bluetooth, 3.5mm TRS jack, RCA Connectors
- Outputs: 3.5mm Headphone, Sub Out, , Terminal Connectors
- IEC External Power cable
- Physical Dimensions: 181L x 150W x 218H (mm)
- Weight: 5.6kg
Fantastic audio for a small 4" speaker setBy: Vatche on 29 May 2018I use these as a second pair of speakers in my studio, for mix/master comparison, great during editing audio or video multimedia production etc. The Bluetooth audio connection is very handy and works well. I did not have much hope on the frequency response of these speakers, but boy I was surprised! They do sound great! Nice clear top end and good low end, though not heart pumping feel when listening to EDM or House, as it goes down to 60Hz. But for general pop music, it sounds way better then expected from a 4" speaker.