NUX NSS5 Solid Studio IR and Power Amp Simulator
NUX NSS5 Verdugo Series Solid Studio IR and Power Amp Simulator
This amazing and unique NUX Solid Studio is ideal for performance or recording, offering many power amp, cabinet and miking scenarios. Featuring 8 speaker cabinet sims, 8 microphone models, and warm power amp sims with choice of 3 power tubes. DI Output.
The NU-X Solid Studio IR and Power Amp Simulator is an IR Loader with built-in cabinet, microphones and microphone positions and power amp simulator with 3 tubes and power amp controls. It was created and designed to address: limited gear availability, and the cumbersome transport reality of physical amp/speaker cabinets. NUX is proud to introduce the new Verdugo series Solid Studio IR and Power Amp simulator, a pedal version of the most classic amp/cabinet scenarios including microphones and power amp tubes.Virtual Miking
Over many years of research, Solid Studio was specifically developed to fill the essential needs of discerning musicians and sound technicians, including the art of mic-ing instrument amplifiers on stage or in the studio. Solid Studio provides ease-of-use, reliability, versatility, and, above all, incredible audio quality. Virtual mic-ing is achieved by choosing 1 cabinet and 1 microphone, and fine-tuning the position of the microphone using the mic position switch. Plus, you can add the tube sound by engaging the power amp simulation.
Solid Studio comes with 8 speaker cabinet simulations. All the cabinet models inside the Solid Studio are sounds great as original as the way it feels.
And there are 8 microphone models you can combine with any cabinets. Also, you can adjust microphone position for fine tuning.
Solid Studio Power Amp Simulation offers three power tube models that deliver corresponding tonal characteristics: EL84, LE34 and 6V6.
Complete list of the built-in speaker cabinets and the microphones
8 Built-in Cabinets:
- JZ120 - Roland Jazz120
- DR112 - Fender Deluxe Reverb 112
- BS410 - Fender Bassman 410
- A212 - VOX AC30 212
- TR212 - Fender Twin Reverb 212
- 1960 - Marshall 1960A 412
- GB412 - Celestion Greenback 412
- V412 - Celestion Vintage30 412
- DYN421 - Sennheiser
- MD421 - S57 Shure SM57
- U87 - Neumann U87
- R122 - Royer R-122
- R121 - Royer R-121
- C414 - AKG C414
- C3000 - AKG C3000
- B52 - Shure Beta52
*All product and brand names seen on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are not affiliated with NUX effects & amplifiers.
*These products and brand names are only listed on this website to describe the instrument being sampled or impulsed.
Input and Outputs
NUX Solid Studio has a 6.35mm mono input with an input signal level toggle switch (-10dB / +4dB) for fitting various instruments. And it has 3 outputs: simulation dedicated (TRS) STEREO OUTPUT and DI OUT, and a bypassed "THRU" output.
Solid Studio offers a variety of connection ways and it can fit any desired spot on your signal chain to use all the cabinet/mic simulations efficient.
Gig Saver - You can place the Solid Studio at the end of your pedal board, and you can send the simulated sound to the mixer while you can send your original signal to the amp. This connection is very useful if the stage (or studio) and cabinet mic-ing conditions are not good enough.
Silent Recording - Solid Studio is good for sitting between your pedals and audio interface for silent direct recording. Let the Solid Studio handle the speaker cabinet and microphone part.
Advanced Connection - By placing the Solid Studio between the amp and the cabinet, while still using your real cabinet for stage monitoring, you can split a DI signal with cabinet simulation to the mixer from Solid studio. The Solid Studio DOES NOT provide NO LOAD to the amplifier, therefore, a real cabinet or a loadbox MUST be connected to the THRU jack of the Solid Studio, or there is risk of damaging the amplifier.
- The amplifier's speaker output must be connected to the Solid Studio's input by a SPEAKER CABLE
- The Solid Studio's input mode must be switched to +4 dB
- The Solid Studio's THRU output must be connected to the speaker cabinet's input by a SPEAKER CABLE
- The Solid Studio's output mode must be selected as SPK (SPEAKER)
IR file support
You can easily emulate the sound of any guitar cabinet by loading different IR (Impulse response) files to NUX Solid Studio.
Technically, the Most Realistic IR Loader: Solid Studio
The Solid Studio's IR resolution is 2048 samples and 46ms, which is higher than the common quality standard that most of IR loaders are using today: 1024 samples and 20ms capturing length. Some well-known profiler devices offer 2048 samples / 40ms length.
The highest resolution quality limit of the IR is 50ms, it is the REAL sound.Considering all the process on the signal from your guitar to your ear, Solid Studio delivers the signal faster than the blink of an eye with the greatest result. Thanks to Solid Studio's high-quality processor and perfect algorithm, the signal latency from input to output is less than 1ms.
What makes the Solid Studio standout? It offers 46ms length which means it can perfectly read all the frequencies. Comparing the length, 20ms is already enough to capture a sound profile with an efficient result but it's not enough to catch the lower frequencies. That's why devices with high-quality usually provide 40ms length - it means higher resolution and better quality.
Many of the IR loaders' signal latency is around 2ms, and each additional digital pedal in the signal chain also increases the latency. For example, the fastest multi-effect pedal needs 2ms to deliver the sound, if you use an IR loader together with this multi-effect pedal, the total latency will be 4ms and a guitar player can ~barely~ feel that. If it's more than 5ms it's obviously slow and it's not able to play.
You can capture any speaker's profile easily with Solid Studio. Create your own IR file and save it.
- First, make all the connections (you can see the picture below):
- Adjust the microphone position and connect to the Mic Preamp
- Mic Preamp Output to Solid Studio Input
- Solid Studio Output to Power Amp in / Return
Now follow these steps:
- Push and hold both footswitches on Solid Studio and plug in the power cable. Solid Studio will start running in IR capturing mode
- Select the save position on Solid Studio, you can dial up any preset you want. Choose a speaker cabinet, mic position and a microphone (and please note it). This will be your preset recall position as long as you keep the file here. 8 Speaker Cabinets x 3 Microphone positions x 8 Microphones = 192 dial up positions
- Press CAB/MIC footswitch ~ and it will capture the profile. Usually it takes couple of seconds, just wait until the LED's stops blinking.
Your very own Impulse Response file is ready to rock!
- 8 Speaker Cabinets
- 8 Microphones and 3 Mic. Positions
- 3 Power Amp Tubes
- Master, Drive and Presence Controls (Power Amp)
- Simulation Dedicated Output and DI Out
- Thru Output
- Thru Output Modes (Line / Speaker)
- Input Level Switch (-10dB / +4dB)
- USB Port for loading 3rd party IR files, software control and firmware update
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.