Pair of Monkey Banana Gibbon Series Active 5" Studio Monitors - Red
Monkey Banana Active 5" Studio Monitors - Red
The 5" Gibbon active monitor series by Monkey Banana are the ideal solution for home studios and small professional studio's where the space limits the size and placement of monitor options. The Gibbon 5" reproduces tight, yet detailed and punchy bottom end, whilst maintaining a defined mid and high range. They allow for accurate monitoring with minimal colouration without fatiguing the ears.
Bi-Amped and Nearfield Design
With an efficient bi-amped design and unique technology that sees the crossover set at an impressive 3kHz, the Gibbon series monitors can reproduce audio over a wide frequency range. Designed to work in a small space, they excel as a nearfield monitor and are perfect for those that produce their own electronic music, or mix tracks that rely on bottom end and vocal clarity.
Multiple Configurations Possible
Another cool thing about the Gibbon Series Monitors is how they can be used in different configurations. When short on space, the Gibbon 5" models operate well with their extended but tight bottom end. However, adding a sub will maximise efficiency whilst adding even more bottom end for those hip hop and dance mixes. For the real sound aficionado, try them in a true 5.1 surround sound configuration, perfect for obtaining the cinematic effects for mixing soundtracks and media based audio.
Who are Monkey Banana?
Monkey Banana was formed in Germany in 2004 with a goal of creating audio products with exceptional design and engineering quality at a competitive price. After years of testing, design research and perfecting manufacturing techniques, their first studio monitors were released to the public in 2010. Monkey Banana's audio products have generated a lot of passionate interest and are used by professional producers, DJs, musicians and studios around the world.
- Active Nearfield 2-Way Monitors
- Total of 80 watts of Bi-amped Power
- Matched Pair of Speakers
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter / 5" LF Woofer
- Rear Port
- Adjustable HF and LF Attenuation Controls
- Colour: Black
- Overall Volume Control
- Power On/Off Switch
- Set up in Stereo, or Part of 5.1 Surround Configurations
- Monkey Banana logo LED Signal Indicator Light on Front Panel
- Standby Mode activated after 12 Minutes of No Source Signal
- 110V/220-230V Selector Switch
- Woofer: 5 1/4" Magnetically Shielded Polypropylene Membrane
- Tweeter: 1" Silk Dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response: 48Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- HF Level: -6dB - +6dB variable at 100hz.
- LF Level: -6dB - +6dB variable at 100hz.
- HF Amplifier power: 45W
- LF Amplifier power: 35W
- Signal to Noise Ratio HF/LF: 90/95db
- THD + N at Rated Power HF/LF: .05% / .02%
- Input Impedance: 20KΩ Balanced, 10KΩ Unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: +4dBu Balanced, -10dBu Unbalanced
- Inputs: XLR, TRS and RCA Connectors
- IEC External Power Cable
- Physical Dimensions: 215L x 190W x 277H (mm)
- Weight: 5.9kg
Great Bang for your buck.By: Anonymous on 20 July 2018I needed some studio monitors for my small music room and was pleasantly surprised by the sound that these little babies produced. Nice flat response good high end and good bass resonance. I was also surprised by there solid feel. Great item for the price.