Pair of Monkey Banana Turbo Series Active 6" Studio Monitors - Red
Monkey Banana Turbo Series Active 6" Studio Monitors - Red
The Turbo active monitor series by Monkey Banana are the ideal solution for home studios and audio set ups where available space is at a premium. Monkey Banana's Turbo Series provide a high SPL and broad bandwidth within a sleek, and innovative design. The Minimum Diffraction Enclosure uses advanced directivity waveguide technology to provide a balanced frequency response within difficult acoustic environments.
Turbo Series Speaker Technology
Monkey Banana have worked for several years to develop the most efficient construction methods in combination with sleek design to produce the ultimate sonic response. The woofer is comprised of a unique cone material, incorporating Polypropylene (PP) and Ceramic, and the driver uses a ferrite motor structure to enhance magnetic flux to increase long term stability. The tweeter features an aerospace technology which utilises nano-magnetic particles, a neodymium magnet circuit design and ferrofluid thermal conductivity. This advanced approach ensures consistent, long term use with no distortion and clear frequency reproduction.
Bi-Amped and Nearfield Design
With an efficient bi-amped design and unique technology that sees the crossover set at an impressive 3kHz, the Gibbon series monitors can reproduce audio over a wide frequency range. Designed to work in a small space, they excel as a nearfield monitor and are perfect for those that produce their own electronic music, or mix tracks that rely on bottom end and vocal clarity.
Multiple Configurations Possible
Another cool thing about the Turbo Series Monitors is how they can be used in different configurations. When short on space, the Turbo 6" speakers operate well with their extended but tight bottom end. However, adding a sub will maximise efficiency whilst adding even more bottom end for those hip hop and dance mixes. For the real sound aficionado, then try them in a true 5.1 surround sound configuration, perfect for obtaining the cinematic effects for mixing soundtracks and media based audio.
Who are Monkey Banana?
Monkey Banana was formed in Germany in 2004 with a goal of creating audio products with exceptional design and engineering quality at a competitive price. After years of testing, design research and perfecting manufacturing techniques, their first studio monitors were released to the public in 2010. Monkey Banana's audio products have generated a lot of passionate interest and are used by professional producers, DJs, musicians and studios around the world.
- Active Nearfield 2-Way Monitors
- Total of 90 watts of Bi-amped Power
- Matched Pair of Speakers
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter / 6" LF Woofer
- Rear Port
- Adjustable HF and LF Attenuation Controls
- Colour: Red
- Overall Volume Control
- Power On/Off Switch
- Set up in Stereo, or Part of 5.1 Surround Configurations
- Monkey Banana logo LED Signal Indicator Light on Front Panel
- Standby Mode activated after 12 Minutes of No Source Signal
- 110V/220-230V Selector Switch
- Woofer: 6" Magnetically Shielded Polypropylene with Ceramic Membrane
- Tweeter: 1" Silk dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 30kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- HF Level: -6dB - +6dB variable at 100hz.
- LF Level: -6dB - +6dB variable at 100hz.
- HF Amplifier power: 30W
- LF Amplifier power: 60W
- Signal to Noise Ratio HF/LF : 92/98db
- THD + N at Rated Power HF/LF: .05% / .02%
- Input Impedance: 20KΩ Balanced, 10KΩ Unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: +4dBu Balanced, -10dBu Unbalanced
- Inputs: XLR/ TRS Neutrik combo, RCA, S/PDIF, RCA Digital
- Outputs: S/PDIF, RCA Digital
- Input Select: Analogue or Digital
- Channel Selection: Left or Right (Digital Only)
- IEC External Power Cable
- Physical Dimensions: 365L x 322W x 449H (mm) / 260L x 229W x 328H (mm)
- Weight: 9.1/ 7.6kg
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.