SWAMP Guitar A/B Amp Switch + Y Splitter Signal Router
Alctron's SW-21 offers guitarists the flexibility of a Y-Splitter, plus an A/B amp switcher in a single unit. Also features a dual input for combining 2 guitar signals into 1.
What to connect where?
Guitars or Instruments are plugged into the PARRALEL inputs. If 2 instruments are connected, both signals are combined into 1. Connect the A and B outputs to different amplifiers.
A/B Amp Switcher
Stomping the A/B function switch, selects which channel output is being used (A or B), allowing you to switch freely between two amplifiers. LED lights indicate which channel is active.
Stomping the Y-split function switch, splits the signal to both outputs, A and B simultaneously. Gain a unique sound by combining 2 different guitar amps, or light up the stage with the full power of your combined rigs.
The switcher can also be used in reverse, using A and B as input channels, allowing the user to hit the A/B switch to select between guitars, or the Y-split to select both. Note that this a completely passive device, and using Y-configurations on certain devices may produce a volume drop.
- Input/Output Connections: 1/4" unbalanced jacks
- Maximum Switching Current Rating: 3A
- Switch Type: DPDT "Double Pole Double Throw" / True Bypass
- Power Input: 9V DC Battery (used for the LED’s only —
actual switching is operational with no batteries)
- Battery Life: up to 140 hours
- Barely audible low switching noise
- No bleed-through between channels
- Case: Heavy-duty all metal construction
- Indicators: 2 Green LEDs (Signal path/Mode indication)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 3.74" x 2.87" x 1.57" (95 x 73 x 40mm)
Variety of Functions:
- Switches a signal between two different targets (e.g., amp A or B)
- Directs a signal to two targets simultaneously.
- Switches between one of two different source signals sent to one target
- Combines two source signals in parallel switched between two different targets
- Combines two source signals in parallel directed to two targets simultaneously.
Great itemBy: Brent Bryan on 1 July 2021Works exactly as described
Swamp splitterBy: Anthony Ward on 22 June 2021Very good product, clear sound, and good switches. Just what I needed for running two amps.
Great quality and service from SWAMPBy: Richie on 2 June 2021I went to SWAMP looking for a splitter cable to run a guitar into two amps. This splitter was suggested as a better alternative, and boy, were they right! So much easier having the option to select L or R or both with a press of a footswitch. Solid metal enclosure, about the size of any guitar pedal, good pricing, firm click from the switch. Haven't tried two guitars into one amp yet but I love having the option as well all in the same device. Well done SWAMP Industries, I'll be back in the future for more gear from you.
Exactly as it says on the tin!By: Michael Rae on 1 April 2020An excellent piece of kit. I use it for a wet dry amp set up and it works a treat. Sent from Canberra to Melbourne in only a few days. Highly recommended.
Swamp ABY Pedal = Unbelievable value.By: Anonymous on 9 March 2019This ABY Pedal is fantastic. I am running a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and an Orange Micro Terror into a Blackstar HTV 1x12 with a CB Wah, Distortion, Delay, Compression and Reverb pedals in front. The Swamp ABY sits at the end of the chain. This pedal allows me to silently switch between both amps and to run both at the same time giving a "3D" effect to my music. Having 2 amps running at the same time really fills the room. Amazing effect. The unit is built like a Tank and is light as a feather. Fantastic quality and a fantastic price. My only gripe is the Battery Cover. It's fiddly and the screw which locks it stands out like a sore thumb. But, like the instructions state the battery should last 140 hours so, no big deal. It's also only used to power the LED's as the pedal is passive. This truly is a briliant pedal. no idea why anyone would pay double the price for the same type of pedal. Thanks Swamp great service.