SWAMP Guitar A/B Amp Switch + Y Splitter Signal Router
Alctron's SW-21 offers guitarists the flexibility of a Y-Splitter, plus an A/B amp switcher in a single unit. Also features a dual input for combining 2 guitar signals into 1.
What to connect where?
Guitars or Instruments are plugged into the PARRALEL inputs. If 2 instruments are connected, both signals are combined into 1. Connect the A and B outputs to different amplifiers.
A/B Amp Switcher
Stomping the A/B function switch, selects which channel output is being used (A or B), allowing you to switch freely between two amplifiers. LED lights indicate which channel is active.
Stomping the Y-split function switch, splits the signal to both outputs, A and B simultaneously. Gain a unique sound by combining 2 different guitar amps, or light up the stage with the full power of your combined rigs.
The switcher can also be used in reverse, using A and B as input channels, allowing the user to hit the A/B switch to select between guitars, or the Y-split to select both. Note that this a completely passive device, and using Y-configurations on certain devices may produce a volume drop.
- Input/Output Connections: 1/4" unbalanced jacks
- Maximum Switching Current Rating: 3A
- Switch Type: DPDT "Double Pole Double Throw" / True Bypass
- Power Input: 9V DC Battery (used for the LED’s only —
actual switching is operational with no batteries)
- Battery Life: up to 140 hours
- Barely audible low switching noise
- No bleed-through between channels
- Case: Heavy-duty all metal construction
- Indicators: 2 Green LEDs (Signal path/Mode indication)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 3.74" x 2.87" x 1.57" (95 x 73 x 40mm)
Variety of Functions:
- Switches a signal between two different targets (e.g., amp A or B)
- Directs a signal to two targets simultaneously.
- Switches between one of two different source signals sent to one target
- Combines two source signals in parallel switched between two different targets
- Combines two source signals in parallel directed to two targets simultaneously.
What it says on the tinBy: Jacky on 13 January 2022It works exactly as described and looks as it is pictured. No issues whatsoever.
QualityBy: Ian Bertram on 11 October 2021This is very good quality and well made.
Great itemBy: Brent Bryan on 1 July 2021Works exactly as described
Swamp splitterBy: Anthony Ward on 22 June 2021Very good product, clear sound, and good switches. Just what I needed for running two amps.
Great quality and service from SWAMPBy: Richie on 2 June 2021I went to SWAMP looking for a splitter cable to run a guitar into two amps. This splitter was suggested as a better alternative, and boy, were they right! So much easier having the option to select L or R or both with a press of a footswitch. Solid metal enclosure, about the size of any guitar pedal, good pricing, firm click from the switch. Haven't tried two guitars into one amp yet but I love having the option as well all in the same device. Well done SWAMP Industries, I'll be back in the future for more gear from you.