TASCAM Series 208i 20-in 8-out USB Audio MIDI Interface with 4 Mic Preamps
Series 208i 20-in 8-out USB Audio MIDI Interface with 4 Mic Preamps
The amazing new series 208i interface provides TASCAM's famous low noise mic preamps, and support recordings up to 24 bit/192 kHz. in a sleek new design. A array of internal and bundled effects and software are included, as is MIDI I/O and Optical in. The new windows driver also allows to set the minimum size of the audio buffer (from only 4 samples), which results lesser round trip latency with maximum performance, suitable for each computer's configuration.
Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps
The four analogue mic/line/instrument combo inputs are fitted with Tascam’s transparent, natural-sounding mic preamps and individually switchable phantom power (+48 volt). TEAC and TASCAM have more than 60 years of high grade audio design experience. TASCAM Ultra-HDDA (High Deﬁnition Discrete Architecture) mic preamp circuitry guarantees transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise. A maximum of 20 inputs (four at 192 kHz) are available when using the multi-channel optical port which can accept up to eight channels of audio input from an ADAT- or S/MUX-compatible device. The Series 208i also offers dual headphone outputs with dedicated level control and two balanced 6.3-mm line outputs for versatile monitoring. And you can connect your favorite MIDI devices to the rear-panel MIDI input and output to use them with your recording software.
Easily add more input channels to accommodate future growth by using external microphone preamplifiers with S/MUX optical inputs to record drums, guitars, keyboards, vocals, and more. Each S/MUX optical port can accept up to 8 channels of audio input from an ADAT- or S/MUX-compatible device.
This audio interface features a large, easy-to-grab Monitor control knob that ensures you can quickly adjust the monitor output level. Their angled tabletop design offers easy access to all front-panel controls. A handy Monitor Balance control enables mixing live input with computer playback for zero-latency monitoring. Each analog input channel is served by an individually switched +48 volt phantom power supply for condenser microphones.
Control Software and Built-in DSP Effects and Processing
Free, easy-to-use TASCAM Control software (TASCAM SERIES Settings Panel) manages faders, processing, and the ability to route any audio input (analog, optical, and USB) to any audio output. A DSP input and output mixer is complemented with digital reverb, compressor, phase invert, and 4-band EQ for each channel. Having these processors included internally eliminates all latency issues and takes the load off the computer allowing the Windows / Mac to process the audio more efficiently. It is bundled with a series of software that allow full operational coverage: at the core of music production is Steinberg's Cubase LE / Cubasis LE; for instrumental recordings comes IK Multimedia's AmpliTube with guitar/bass modeling and colorful effects; newly added to the bundle is iZotope's redesigned Neutron Elements, which includes 4 powerful tools for creating great mixes; last but not least, IK Multimedia's T-RackS mastering software will finish up users' creations into high quality masterpieces.
- Four XLR/TRS combo mic/line/instrument inputs
- Four transparent, natural-sounding, ultra-low noise TASCAM Ultra-HDDA mic preampliﬁers
- Two optical S/MUX expansion ports that accept up to 16 channels of audio input (20 total inputs)
- 8 ¼-inch analog line outputs for versatile monitoring and up to 7.1 surround audio
- Built-in effects: reverb, compressor, four-band EQ
- Powerful 8 bus mixer DSP input/output mixer controlled with free TASCAM Control software
- Software control of faders, routing, aux buses, effects, and phase invert
- Flexible I/O routing allows any analog, optical or USB audio input to be user-assigned to any output ports
- Up to four aux buses to connect up to four stereo pairs of monitor speakers
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording and playback
- Includes Steinberg DAW software and IK Multimedia world-class guitar eﬀects/modeling and mastering software
- MIDI interface
- Word clock in/out
- Dual headphone outputs
- Compatible with Windows / Mac computers and iOS devices (supports UAC2.0)
- USB 2.0 connection and custom USB driver with high stability
- Easy-to-understand operation
- Automatic update function available for software/driver/firmware updates
- Information window function(shown in the Settings Panel screen)
- Direct monitor option for low latency monitoring
- Compatible with mainstream DAW software (Pro Tools, Live, Cubase, Studio One, GarageBand)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.