TC Electronic Thunderstorm - Analog Flanger Guitar Effects Pedal
Thunderstorm Flanger perfectly captures the classic analog flanger tones of yesteryear. From subtle tape-like sweeps and lush chorusing to a no holds barred flanger frenzy. Thunderstorm does it all and delivers it in a roadworthy yet extremely affordable package, making bucket-brigade flanging accessible to anyone!
- Vintage style Flanger pedal
- All-analog bucket brigade circuit - for superb three-dimensional modulation tones
- True bypass and top-mounted I/O
Famous Flanger Tone
Turning on Thunderstorm Flanger is like taking a ride down Rock N Roll memory lane on a bolt of lightning. Want iconic faux-chorus tones ala Andy Summers? It's there! Or you wanna rip Van Halen's "Unchained" all day long? You can totally do that! And let's be real, you'll probably wanna break out some Hendrix riffs as well, and with this pedal you'll be burning down the house in no time. So if old-school flanger tones make your heart race, then Thunderstorm Flanger is your new vintage valentine.
Buckets Of Tone
Yes, Thunderstorm Flanger covers a lot of sonic ground, but what would that even matter if those sounds were cold and uninspiringly sterile? Thunderstorm Flanger's all-analog bucket brigade design ensures that you always get extremely warm, three-dimensional and super-inspiring tones no matter where you set the dials.
True Bypass Compact Design
Thunderstorm Flanger features a bent metal chassis ready for the road, and a compact design with top-mounted jacks, making it a breeze to fit it on your pedalboard. On top of that it has True Bypass, so it never affects your tone when off. This pedal is doing everything it can to be your new best flanger friend.
- Rate: The Rate knob lets you access a wide array of Flanger speeds. Go counter-clockwise to slow down the swirl for smooth tape-like flanger tones, or go clockwise to speed it up for supreme psychedelic sounds.
- Depth: Depth controls the intensity of the effect. Set it low for some shallow movement or crank it for a tsunami of extremely warped sounds.
- Manual Magic: Controls the center delay time of the effect. Set it low for more “jet-engine" like flanger tones, or max it for a more organic and warm modulation.
- Feedback: Feedback lets you introduce negative and positive feedback. Go left to get more extreme flanger tones or go right for a warmer resonance. In the center position no feedback is introduced for more natural-sounding modulation tones.
- All-analog Bucket Brigade Circuit
- Three-dimensional Modulation Tones
- True Bypass
- Top-mounted I/O
- Compact and Durable Roadworthy Casing
Classic Analog Tones (as they say)By: MIKE O'KEEFFE on 20 March 2017Tossed up the many options after rigorous research and settled on the Thunderstorm. Paired with my recently purchased Rowin mini overdrive (LEF602B) this thing kicks arse!