Zoom H4n PRO Handy 4 Track Portable Digital Audio Field Recorder - Black
Zoom H4n PRO Digital Recorder - Black Edition
The new version Zoom H4n PRO allows you to record cleaner, clearer, and closer than ever before. With advanced X/Y microphones and natural-sounding preamps, you can record everything with quality realism. 4-track recording for music, film and podcasting.
The H4n Pro provides a professional level of four track recording that is superior to other recorders. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera. It is perfect for capturing live performances, capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL. Take a line-level* stereo feed from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones. With overdubbing and punch-in features, as well as studio-grade instrument effects and emulators, you can create songs from start to finish. The Pro also functions as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac.
High-Performance Mic Preamps and Built-in Mics
The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as the acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts. X/Y stereo recording covers a wide area while capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. The angle of its two unidirectional condenser mics can easily be changed from 90 degrees for a tightly focused stereo image to 120 degrees for a wider image simply by twisting the mic capsules. The H4n Pro provides an onboard MS decoder for Mid-Side recording with external microphones. This allows you to adjust the width of the stereo image, making it especially useful for sound design and broadcasting.
Inputs and Outputs
The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ¼" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, there’s a stereo 1/8" Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power. A stereo ⅛" Line/Phone Out, with dedicated volume control, allows for headphone monitoring or connection to your DSLR, while the built-in monophonic speaker allows for quick playback reference. In addition, a USB port enables fast file transfer, firmware updates, and use as a 2-in/2-out audio interface for computers.
Pre-Record, Auto-Record and Data Recovery
The H2n's Pre-record function automatically keeps the H2n silently but continuously recording in the background, all the time, keeping the previous two seconds* when you hit RECORD. Auto-Record allows the H2n to automatically start recording when a certain level of sound is detected. As soon as an incoming signal exceeds the Start Level you've set, recording begins. There's an equivalent Auto-record Stop function, too; as soon as incoming signal drops below the Stop Level you've set, recording ends. The H2n's Data Recovery feature automatically repairs corrupted files—something that can happen if power is interrupted during recording or if an SD card is removed during a writing or editing procedure.
Use the optional RC4 remote to control the H4n Pro. The RC4 allows you to start and stop recording, fast forward and rewind through your files, switch the input source, and set recording/playback levels at a distance while eliminating handling noise. The Pro offers studio-grade effects and emulators to enhance your recordings. Choose from a variety of effects, including compression, limiting, reverb, delay, echo, a low-cut filter, and more. There's an onboard metronome and tuner, along with dozens of amp models and effects crafted for guitar and bass. Additionally, you can loop playback and adjust pitch and speed independently, making the H4n Pro a perfect tool for phrase training.
The H4n Pro runs on 2 AA batteries, providing up to 6 hours in normal operation, or up to 10 hours when operating in STAMINA mode. An optional AD-14 AC adapter allows the H4n Pro to be powered from any standard wall outlet.
4 Channel Mode:
MTR Mode (monoaural tracks):
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode
|Number of simultaneous recording tracks:||
2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 2 (MTR mode)
|Number of simultaneous playback tracks:||
2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 4 (MTR mode)
|Recording time 4 GB (SDHC):||
Approx. 380 minutes (WAV 44.1 kHz / 16-bit stereo track)
|Maximum file size of simultaneous recording:||
Punch-in/out, Bounce, A-B repeat
Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
|Metronome sound sources:||
1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
40.0 - 250.0 BPM
24-bit × 128 oversampling
24-bit × 128 oversampling
SD card (16 MB – 2 GB), SDHC card (4 GB – 32 GB)
128 x 64 dots Full-dot backlit LCD
|DATA TYPE - WAV FORMAT (RECORD/PLAY)|
16- / 24-bit
44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
|DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (RECORDING)|
48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
|DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (PLAYBACK)|
32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
44.1 / 48 kHz
|Input  :||
XLR (balanced input) / standard phone (unbalanced input) combo jack
(Using balanced input) 3 kΩ or more, pin 2 hot
(Using balanced input) −16 dB to +43 dB
|Built-in stereo mic:||
Unidirectional condenser microphone
Mini stereo phone jack
LINE Output load impedance: 10 kΩ or more
400 mW 8 Ω
48V, 24V, OFF
USB 2.0 High Speed Mass Storage Class operation, Audio interface operation
DC 5V 1A AC from AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14), 2 x AA batteries
IEC R6 (size AA) x 2
|Continuous recording time:||
73 (W) × 157.2 (D) × 37 (H) mm
* 0 dBm = 0.755 Vrms
* Design and specifications subject to change without notice.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.