MP200 Tube Mic Preamplifier
The Alctron MP200 is a classic preamp using only discrete components, therefore no microchips. A Class A preamp, it uses 3 separate transformers for the Line, Mic and Output. The onboard circuit is very similar to the Neve 1073 preamp/EQ. A classy preamp for the price.
This tube preamp features an impedance adjustment, phase adjustment, phantom power, gain through 5 dB increments for greater accuracy, separate inputs for Mic, Line and Direct Box. A classic VU meter provides the visual accuracy required.
Why Need a Mic Preamp?
Microphone signals are often too weak to be transmitted and processed by mixing consoles and audio devices. The role of a preamp is to enhance and lift the signal to a line level. Preamps can also change the tonal charactersistics of the microphone, and are therefore an incredibly important part for the recording process.
- Class A preamplifier.
- Uses only discrete components.
- Phase control, gain, phantom power (48V), volume.
- Phantom indicator LED.
- Power indicator LED.
- 8-segment LED for displaying the input signal.
- Analog display for displaying the output signal.
- Both inputs are transformer balanced and earth free.
- Input Impedance (MIC): 300 or 1200 Ohms
- Gain: +80db to +20db in 5db steps
- Line Impedance: 10,000Ohms
- Output: 600Ohms
- Output Impedance is 75 @ 1k Hz
- THD: Not More than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth) into 600
- Frequency Response: +/-0.5db 20Hz to 20Hz
- Noise: EIN Better than -125dBu @ 60db gain
- DI: Input Impedance >100K Ohm
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.