ART Pro MPA II 2-Channel Tube Mic Preamp
ART Pro MPA II - Professional Two Channel Microphone Preamplifier
The Only Mic Preamp You Will Need!
The new ART ProMPA II is the next generation in affordable high performance microphone preamp technology. Each microphone input circuit, with selectable 48v phantom power, features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The ProMPA II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
Integrated Tube Variation for Superior Sound
The ProMPA II can operate at either a low or high plate voltage on the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display output levels while multi-colored LED arrays show tube gain.
Rugged Rack Mountable Chassis
Housed in a standard 2u space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel, the ProMPA II is designed to deliver years of reliable operation in the studio, production facility, or on the road for live sound reinforcement.
ART (acronym: Applied Research & Technology) are renowned for producing devices that feature unique gadgets and functions that make you think "Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?"
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection
- CMRR: > 90dB
- Dynamic Range: > 110dB ("A" weighted)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, "A" weighted)
- Frequency Response:
15Hz to 48kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage
15Hz to 120kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
- Input Impedance: 150-3000 Ohms adjustable (XLR), > 800K Ohms (Instrument)
- Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
- Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
- Output Impedance: <47 Ohms (XLR)
- Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu outupt (+4dB mode) / 0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
- High Pass Filter: Single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
- Power Requirements: USA - 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz Export units configured for country of destination
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.005% (typical)
- Dimensions: 8.75"D x 19.0"W x 3.50" H (222mm x 482mm x 88mm)
- Weight: 10.5 lbs (4.5 kg)
By: Mick Edge on 13 May 2016I'd been looking for a decent tube mic pre for a while when i eventually came across the ART Pro MPA II. After reading dozens of preamp reviews it became obvious that the ART couldn't be ignored. I searched around the usual well known music stores but wasn't exactly thrilled with their pricing....& thats when i discovered SWAMP...never heard of them before..! Purchased the unit (at the best price i'd found) shipped & arrived promptly...& it is every bit as good as what people are saying. I really dont believe you'll find a better pre amp for the price..! Well done SWAMP. I'll be back again...
By: Jake Bylsma on 30 May 2014Excellent product, excellent service. Well packaged, prompt delivery.