The name Hamilton is synonymous with high quality, affordable music products. The Hamilton story begins in 1883 when the Krauth and Benninghofen families started their business in Hamilton, Ohio. Demand for their patented stands greatly increased after displaying at the 1906 St. Louis International Exhibition, which also featured John Philip Sousa's band and the ragtime music of Scott Joplin.
Over the years the company changed ownership a number of times and in January 2006, musician and industry veteran, Bill Carpenter, acquired the company. Bill's passion, vision and leadership have directly contributed to the company's growth. Based in historic Lebanon, Ohio, the company selectively partners with Pacific Rim manufacturers to provide the highest quality, affordable products. Their diverse line includes music stands, guitar and wind instrument stands, snare and cymbal stands, double bass stand and portable microphone stands.