Nektar Impact GXP61 USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
with Semi-Weighted Keys
Nektar Impact GXP61 USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
The Nektar Impact GXP61 MIDI Controller Keyboard is a 61-note USB controller featuring semi-weighted keys and aftertouch, to greatly enhance your performance. With dedicated RGB LED buttons, 7 transport buttons for DAW integration, 3 fixed velocity levels
The Impact GXP61 MIDI Controller Keyboard provides instant access to performance controls including a real-time repeat engine, powerful Nektarine plugin patch management and Nektar DAW Integration. The streamlined no-fuss control panel is based on Nektar’s successful Impact GX-series. It enables advanced DAW integration with extended transport control, track selection and volume control. You can even open/close DAW windows and navigate projects and the 14 assignable illuminated RGB buttons allow direct MIDI program- and bank-selection. The Impact GXP gives keyboard players all the right expression options needed for live and studio work. It offers large pitch bend & modulation wheels and connections for up to 3 optional external pedals: Connect any standard expression pedal to the first, and any standard footswitch to the second socket. And if you use an optional Y-cable adapter, the footswitch socket even supports two independent switches. It can also be used stand-alone with external MIDI gear: The rear panel includes a 5-pin MIDI out jack and an external power supply socket for powering the unit when not connected via USB.
A MIDI controller as well as a DAW controller
If you use MIDI software that’s not supported by Nektar DAW Integration, you can also set up MIDI control yourself. The assignable buttons in the transport section can be configured to send out Program message or MMC (MIDI Machine Control) transport control. In addition, any of the 28 assignable MIDI buttons, the modulation wheel, keyboard aftertouch, foot switches and of course the big control knob, can be assigned to send out MIDI cc messages. The settings are stored over power cycling.
The Repeat Engine is great for creating inspiring rhythmic elements: Simply press the dedicated Repeat button, play and get inspired. Dedicated RGB buttons now give you direct one-button access to Repeat Rates, Accent, Interval, Swing and routing aftertouch or modulation to velocity. The large Data/Tempo Encoder turns into a dedicated tempo control, unless synchronization is set to external MIDI clock. Choose one of the 5 different key trigger modes to change Repeat’s behaviour from interesting arpeggio-style effects with human feel to hard-quantized repetitive rhythms. Repeat is a fun way to experiment and create those famous “happy accidents”, that make you come up with unexpected new ideas.
Nektarine 2.0 Software
With the included Nektarine 2.0 software, the GXP61 provides a powerful master keyboard functionality with the ability to control 16 VST or AU instrument plug-ins, and customize, save, and load individual or complete multipatch sets instantly. Using the GXP61 also provides advanced controls such as keyboard zones, layers, and splits for all hosted plug-ins. Nektarine can run as a VST, AU, or AAX plug-in in any compatible DAW or be used as a standalone application.
The GXP61 includes full DAW support integration with Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar, and Studio One. The keyboard is bus-powered or can be powered by an optional 9 VDC power supply. The GXP61 ships with a USB cable, a copy of Cubase LE, and the Retrologue synthesizer.
DAW Included: STEINBERG CUBASE LE
Impact GXP includes licenses for Steinberg’s acclaimed Cubase LE Music Production Software and Retrologue 2 VST synthesizer. So you can start producing music like a pro from day one. To claim your free DAW and virtual synth, register your Impact GXP in your Nektar user account and follow the instructions.
Cubase LE comes with Halion Sonic SE including 180 instrument presets and Groove Agent SE drum production software as well as a host of VST FX processors. Cubase LE lets you record on up to 24 MIDI, 8 instrument and 16 audio tracks. You can use any 3rd party VST plug-ins you might own, too. Over 5GB of sounds and loops provide you with all you need to get started.
Nektar DAW Integration makes Nektar Impact GXP and Cubase LE a fantastic combination, and lets you experience remote control direct from the hardware. The Nektarine plugin host and librarian software is of course also compatible and adds additional power to this setup.
If you are just starting out, you will find it’s the perfect way to take your first steps in the world of digital music creation. And if you’re already familiar with using computer software, then you’ll be amazed at what this combination has to offer! To claim your free DAW and virtual synth, simply register your Impact GXP in your Nektar user account and follow the instructions.
- 61-note full-sized keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- 14 RGB LED buttons for MIDI, note repeat, and Nektarine features
- Pitch-bend and modulation wheels
- 1 push encoder for note repeat, tempo control, and Nektarine features
- Octave up and down buttons with LED indicators
- Transpose up and down buttons with LED indicators. Assignable to other functions
- Power on/off switch
- 9 VDC power supply socket (PSU optional)
- USB port and USB bus powered
- 7 transport buttons for DAW integration; MIDI assignable
- Shift button activates transport button's secondary level for a total of 14 accessible buttons
- MIDI output jack
- 1/4” TRS jack for connection of 2 foot switches
- 1 MIDI-assignable potentiometer
- 1/4“ TRS jack expression pedal socket
- Note repeat button with LED tempo indicator
- Nektar DAW support integration
- Note-repeat function button
- Nektarine plug-in control software included (download)
- Nektar DAW Integration for Impact GXP61currently supports Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar, and Studio One
- Includes Cubase LE and Retrologue software synthesizer
- AAX, AU, VST, or VST3 plug-in version and standalone application for OSX and Windows
- Load any VST, VST3, and AU instrument plug-ins
- Up to 16 instrument slots
- Create layers, splits, and zones with direct selection of 10 instrument slots from GXP
- Each instrument slot with volume, pan, mute/solo, FX sends 1-4 controls
- 4 effect insert plug-in slots per instrument (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- 4 send effect plug-in slots (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- Store instrument and FX plug-in patches + Nektarine multipatches
- Browser Settings are remembered per plug-in slot
- Patch-management with control from GXP
- Full parameter feedback: button colours updated in real-time
- Multipatch with settings, save as Default, and load as default—all browser settings can be saved with tags for slots tags
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.