SHOP NOW • PAY LATER • 100% INTEREST FREE
The now famous Alctron MP73V2 is a single-channel microphone preamp, providing the classic vintage tone. It features a fully discrete class-A signal path with three separate transformers for the mic input, line input and line output. Smooth, natural, warm
Alctron MP73V2 Single Channel Vintage Style Microphone Preamp
The now famous Alctron MP73V2 is a single-channel microphone preamp, providing the classic vintage tone. It features a fully discrete class-A signal path with three separate transformers for the mic input, line input and line output. Smooth, natural, warm.
Classic Tone and Warmth
The Alctron MP73V2 is a single channel 1073-style microphone amplifier. It features a fully discrete class-A signal path with three separate transformers for the mic input, line input and line output. Each transformer enhances the audio signal, giving a smooth, natural, and warm tone. A 23 position stepped attenuation adjusts gain accurately with 80dB of gain on tap. An output volume attenuator allows driving of input stage to achieve different tonal flavors while maintaining control of the output level. A front panel insert button works with the balanced INSERT SEND and INSERT RETURN connectors in rear panel to allow connection to external gear. High quality alum-alloy panel combined with a steel shell, offers a sturdy and stable design offering powerful reliability.
- Classic vintage 1073-style mic preamp
- Chassis is made from high quality steel to provide extra shielding against stray magnetic and RF
- Combines unique circuit to amplifier ensuring pure and clean output signal
- +48V: offers phantom power to condenser mics
- Impedance button: 300/1200KΩ switch for the input transformers
- PHASE: solves phase problem during recording
- 7-level LED dynamic indicator: in/out dynamic indicator
- Volume control: controls output volume
- Connector:Type: 6.35mm TRS
- Input impedance: 10kohm balanced
- Gain: -10dB~+20dB
- Mic input
- Input impedance: 300/1200ohm balanced
- Gain: +20dB~+80dB
- Instrument Connector: 6.35mm TS
- Input impedance: more than 100kohm
- Analog output
- Connector: XLR/6.35mm TRS
- Output impedance:75ohm balanced
- Max output level: +21dBu
- Distortion: less than 0.07% @1khz
- Frequency response: 20hz-20khz±0.5dB
- Power: DC 24V
- Phantom Power: 34V~ (Current model is not producing full 48V power, though this should not be of any issue to the majority of condenser microphones).
Unbelievable Value For MoneyBy: Carlo on 15 September 2023I wasn't expecting much for the price paid but these preamps way exceed my expectations. The fit and finish is better than many "high end" products I have experienced and the sound is sublime. I am using as make gain amplifiers for a summing mixer and the sound can be described as beautiful. The lows take on a nice tight and slightly pronounced character - the high end is smooth, any line level signal put through these amps come out better - dare I say more euphonic. Things seem to have better separation also and the noise level is reasonable - low enough for main mix summing amps. I bought them with the intention of replacing the transformers for Carnhill and recapping etc... but they will be staying exactly as they are.