We're currently matching a competitors price!Found a better Price? Price match now
CLICK HERE TO 'GET NOTIFIED' once we have stock on hand
SHOP NOW • PAY LATER • 100% INTEREST FREE
ART Pro Channel II - Channel Strip with Tube Microphone Preamp, Optical Compressor, and Semi-parametric Equalizer. A Super-affordable Channel Strip.
ART Pro Channel II - Channel Strip with Tube Microphone Preamp, Optical Compressor, and Semi-parametric Equalizer
A Super-affordable Channel Strip!
The ART Pro Channel II offers fantastic value for money, with serious high end components and the myriad features you would expect from ART, all at an affordable price! Add that tube warmth to any microphone, smooth it out with the inbuilt optical compressor, and tweak it with the impressive 4-band parametric EQ. This combination of powerful processing features gives you complete control over your sound. As if that wasn't enough, add any outboard processor to the signal chain using not one, but TWO insert loops to get even more out of your sound. Get your ART Pro Channel II from SWAMP today!
An excellent channel strip for all kinds of microphones
When ART designed the Pro Channel II, they built it with a wide range of applications in mind. That's why they gave it with a set of highly flexible inputs. The preamp lets you select the ideal impedance for your microphone, and a variable high-pass filter lets you roll off lows starting anywhere between 10Hz and 250Hz. A +20dB toggle lets you kick up the gain (perfect for ribbon mics), and you can even spice up the Pro Channel II's tone by upping the tube voltage.
Perfect for processing guitar and bass
ART's Pro Channel II is also great for instruments. Plug your guitar or bass into its high-impedance input, and it instantly bypasses the mic pre. That gives you full access to Pro Channel's compressor and EQ sections without coloring your sound.
Powerful compressor section lets you take control of your dynamics
The compressor in ART's Pro Channel II is modeled after the classic optical compressors of the '60s and '70s. On its more gentle settings, it lets you ease off changes in volume - perfect for smoothing out vocals and evening out the levels of your stems. You can turn up the ratio for limiting, and individual attack and release controls also make the Pro Channel II's compressor great for shaping the transients of bass lines, kick drums, and much more.
Flexible semi-parametric equalizer lets you tweak your sound
If you're looking for console-style control over your sound, then you're going to love the Pro Channel II's equalizer section. ART gave this channel strip a highly flexible semi-parametric EQ, complete with selectable low and high shelving bands and a pair of adjustable mid-frequency bands. This let you use the Pro Channel II to get great sound even out of the most demanding sources.
The ART Pro Channel II is an amazing channel strip for an excellent price!
ART (acronym: Applied Research & Technology) are renowned for producing devices that feature unique gadgets and functions that make you think "Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?"
- This highly versatile channel strip lets you get excellent sound out of a wide range of sources
- One of the most affordable complete channel strips available
- Tube microphone preamplifier gives you transparent sound with the perfect touch of warmth
- Variable impedance input lets you get the most out of any microphone
- hi-Z instrument input bypasses the mic pre, letting you process guitar and bass directly, without extra coloration
- Onboard opto compressor provides ultra-smooth dynamics processing
- A full set of compression controls lets you shape transients and take hold of your dynamics
- Console-style equalizer lets you tweak your tone to perfection
- Pre-compressor and pre-equalizer insert points make integrating your outboard gear easy
- Analog VU meter and LED level displays let you keep an eye on your volume and gain reduction
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs let you connect the Pro Channel II to virtually any interface, mixer, or amplifier
- Preamp Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 12Hz - 100kHz
- Phantom Power: Yes
- EQ: Yes
- Compressor: Yes
- Analog Inputs: 1 x XLR (Mic), 1 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" TS
- Digital Inputs: No Digital Inputs
- Digital Outputs: No Digital Outputs
- Other I/O: 2 x Insert In and Out via 1/4" jacks
- Computer Connectivity: No Computer Connectivity
- Rackmount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 9.2"
- Width: 19"
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: Pro Channel II
By: Mr. Paul Majewski on 13 March 2015I bought this a few weeks ago and i havent stopped using it. Great for vocals and i am still using the original tube that was in it, forums say to change the tube to a JJ but at the moment i dont see a need for it as the strip sounds great. Highly recommended if your after a cheap tube strip that is worth more then what you pay for.