ART Voice Channel Class A Tube Channel Strip - 19 inch
Class A Tube Channel Strip with Dynamics and EQ Processing and Digital Connectivity
A Quality Tube Preamp with Channel Strip Features and Digital Outputs!
The ART Voice Channel provides all the knobs and dials and special features you would expect from art, to put you in complete control of your recording, while injecting a healthy dose of pro qaulity into it. Featuring a quality class A tube preamp and a squeaky clean gain control, as well as inbuilt dynamics processor and a semi-parametric EQ.
Not only is this a great audio processor, but it also features a range of digital connections, making it a powerful front-end for your recording set up. Whatever you throw at it, this powerhouse of a preamp unit is guaranteed to be a reliable and versatile front-line in your recording process. Of course, in the spirit of complete control, ART have given you the option to patch the EQ in before the dynamics processor or after, not to mention the insert loop available to piggyback even more signal process into the chain.
Built to provide the ideal all-in-one input solution for analog or digital recording, the ART VoiceChannel is a true second-generation discrete Class-A tube microphone preamp capable of providing clean quiet gain while maintaining incredible transparency. An integrated fully variable powerful dynamics processor subtly controls transients and noise of the most demanding sources while the VoiceChannel's semi-parametric EQ offers wide tune-ability.
For added versatility the EQ can be patched before OR after the dynamics processor while separate insertion jacks allow you quick quiet in-line connectivity to external signal processing gear immediately after the Mic preamp, before the EQ and dynamics processor in the signal path. Another insert patch point exists just before the A/D converters.
Range of outputs
Choose between a wide range of outputs including balanced analog output, 44.1 KHz to 192 KHz AES/EBU, S/PDIF, ADAT and USB. Both analog and digital meters provide a detailed indication of audio levels.
The ART Voice Channel gives you a Class A quality tube preamp with onboard dynamics and EQ processing, plus digital output!
ART (acronym: Applied Research & Technology) are renowned for producing devices that feature unique gadgets and functions that make you think "Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?"
- Ideal input solution for any recording application.
- Tube Microphone Preamplifier with Selectable plate Voltage and Variable Input Impedance
- Exceptional warmth and definition from proven ART Tube Preamp design
- Smooth musical sounding dynamics control including:
- Compressor / Expander / De-Esser / Gate
- Powerful Parametric EQ selectable Pre or Post Compressor in signal path
- Flexible digital connectivity including ADAT Lite-pipe / AES/EBU / S/PDIF / TOSLink
- Digital Output supports 44.1 to 192 KHz Sample Rates
- USB direct-connect to computer or laptop
- Attack Time: 250 uSec. to 100 mSec
- Boost and Cut/Frequency Band: +12 dB on each band
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Dimensions: (DWH in inches) 9.17 x 19 x 3.5
- EQ Frequency Bands: Low Frequency: 50/150 Hz Selectable
- MID 1 Frequency: 100 Hz to 3kHz continuously variable
- MID 2 Frequency: 500 Hz to 15kHz continuously variable
- High Frequency: 5K/15kHz Selectable
- Equivalent Input Noise: -130 dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, A weighted
- Frequency Response: 16Hz - 42kHz -1dB@96kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 1kHz - less than .015% typical
- Weight: 10.5lbs/4.8kg
- Preamp Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 12Hz-100kHz (A/A)
- Phantom Power: Yes
- EQ: Yes
- Compressor: Yes
- Other Processing: Expander/Gate
- Analog Inputs: 2 x Combo (XLR/TRS)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/4" (Mic Pre Out)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x ADAT (Optical)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x AES/EBU (XLR), 1 x S/PDIF (Coax), 1 x S/PDIF (Optical)
- Other I/O: 1 x Word Clock In (BNC), 1 x Word Clock Out (BNC), 1 x 1/4" (Insert), 2 x 1/4"
- (A/D Inserts)
- Computer Connectivity: 1 x USB
- Rackmount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 9.17"
- Width: 19"
- Weight: 10.5 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: VoiceChannel
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.