Audio-Technica AE2300 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone
Includes AT8471 Isolation Clamp
AE2300 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone
This dynamic instrument mic is ideal for guitar amps, brass and woodwinds, drums and percussion instruments, for both studio and live on stage. The compact rugged design is excellent for constant and versatile use, and comes with a secure clamp.
The AE2300 features a unique proprietry double-dome diaphragm, which provides some immense advantages. Firstly it provides high-frequency and transient response that far exceeds typical dynamic microphones. Secondly, it maintains directionality across the entire frequency range, while introducing only the slightest off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90° and 180°) for excellent phase cohesion in multiple-mic setups. This means that the tonal colour will be the same if the mic is either on or off axis, just a change of dynamic.
The microphone is also equipped with a switchable low-pass filter that cuts out harsh, high-frequency noise, such as hiss from a guitar amp or high-hat bleed into the snare, without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument – an especially useful tool in live settings to get a clear, focused sound.
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction that improves high-frequency and transient response
- Maintains directionality across the entire frequency range
- Minimal off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90°, and 180°) helps to maintain phase cohesion in multiple microphone setups
- Switchable low-pass filter removes harsh, high-frequency hiss without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument
- Low-profile design allows microphone to be placed easily and unobtrusively in a wide variety of setups
- Rugged, brass metal construction ensures dependable performance in live music applications
- Includes AT8471 isolation stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||60 – 20,000 Hz|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||-57 dB (1.4 mV) re 1V at Pa|
|WEIGHT||138 g (4.9 oz)|
|DIMENSIONS||95.6 mm (3.8") long, 28.0 mm (1.1") maximum diameter|
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8471 isolation stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||S4|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.