Audio-Technica AT2031 Cardioid Small Diaphragm Instrument Condenser Microphone
AT2031 Cardioid Small Diaphragm Instrument Condenser Microphone
The Audio-Technica AT2031 pencil condenser microphone provides a high-frequency boost which makes it an ideal cardioid condenser mic for live or studio use of acoustic guitars, violins, cellos, or pianos. It can also be featured on percussion/drums and amps. It requires 48V DC phantom power, which may be provided by a mixer or console, or by a separate, in-line source. Included is a dedicated mic clip and a protective pouch.
Detailed High-Frequency Response
The AT2031's permanently polarized element offers extended frequency response with a slight rise in the high frequency range for a more detailed sound. Its low self-noise and high SPL handling capability offer a wide dynamic range, perfectly suited for the most demanding applications. For professional recording studios, it is a perfect auxiliary microphone for a drum kit or to record in proximity to orchestral ensembles. For live recording, its rugged construction and low prices will make it a perfect companion for capturing percussion, acoustic guitar, hi-hat, overheads and piano.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
This polar pattern is ideal for recording acoustic instruments. The AT2031's pick up range is 180 degrees in front of the microphone. The cardioid polar pattern of the microphone is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in controlling feedback, reducing pickup of unwanted sounds and providing isolation between performers. Cardioid mics are used for the majority of microphone applications.
- Cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of desired sound source
- Low self-noise perfectly suited for digital recording equipment
- Ideal for stringed instruments such as violin, cello, acoustic guitar, harp and piano both in the studio and on stage
- Smooth, extended frequency response with a slight rise in the high-frequency region
- Outstanding performance and rugged construction
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range
- Switchable 150Hz 6dB/oct hi-pass filter
- Sturdy steel construction, equally at home in a home studio, rehearsal studio or on stage
- Discreet in size (134mm) yet surprisingly versatile
|Element||Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser|
|Frequency Response||20 - 20,000Hz|
|Open Circuit Sensitivity||-34dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1Pa*|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||141dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|Low Frequency Roll Off||150Hz, 6dB/octave|
|Dynamic Range||124dB, 1kHz at max SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||77dB, 1khz at 1 Pa*|
|Phantom Power Requirements||48V DC, 2mA typical|
|Dimensions||143mm long, 21mm maximum body Ø|
|Output Connector||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|Accessories Included||AT8405a stand clamp; windscreen; soft protective pouch|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.