RADIAL JDI Passive Direct Injection (DI) Direct Box
The Radial JDI direct box is the world’s finest passive DI. The JDI has been optimized to handle extreme transients without introducing distortion or coloration to the sound. Because of the transformer, the JDI provides 100% isolation between the instrument input side and the balanced output, eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Ground loops are most prevalent when interfacing equipment with AC power such as keyboards and guitar amplifiers. Most passive DIs sound terrible because they use inexpensive iron or steel core transformers. This causes phase shift at various frequencies known as group delay, which has the effect of making bass sound indistinct and lack punch and causes mid-range to smear. This makes mixing more difficult.
Great Sound with No Power Required, Just Plug and Play!
The Radial JDI employs a Jensen transformer with a nickel-laminated core. Nickel does not retain a memory or polarity. This has the net effect of reducing phase distortion, improving linearity and lowering harmonic distortion. Fix the problems; you get great sound. The Radial JDI does not require 48V phantom-power or a battery. You just plug in and play.
- Jensen Transformer equipped passive DI
- Eliminates hum and buzz from ground loops
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion
- Exceptional signal handling and noise rejection
- Best-sounding passive DI in the world
- Authentic Jensen transformer
- Linear from 10Hz ~ 40kHz
- Extraordinary level handling without distortion
- Built to survive the road
- Ideal for acoustic guitars and basses
- Keyboards, modules and electronic drums
- Great with high-output, electronic instruments
- Eliminates hum & buzz in sound systems
- 'Plug-&-play’ easy-to-use!
- No battery or phantom-power required
- Impossible to overload!
- Up to 8 may be rack-mounted with the J-Rak
- 3 year transferable warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.