Audio-Technica AE2500 Dual-Element Dynamic and Condensor Cardioid Microphone
Includes AT8471 Isolation Clamp
CLICK HERE TO 'GET NOTIFIED' once we have stock on hand
AE2500 Dual-Element Dynamic and Condensor Cardioid Microphone
A revolutionary microphone for kick-drums, which houses both a dynamic and condenser cardioid element in the single mic. Phased perfectly together, this mic can give you a choice of blending the tone captured by the capsules, for that unique kick-drum sound.
Dual-Elements in One Mic
The dynamic element delivers the aggressive attack of the beater; the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell. Two layers of resistive mesh form multiple densities over the dynamic element’s side-entry ports, exercising precise control over the time at which off-axis signals arrive at the diaphragm. The condenser diaphragm is optimally tensioned and aged for long-term consistency and stability.
Both elements of the AE2500 have their own outputs, as the package includes a 5m cable (5 pin XLR to 2 x 3 pin XLR) for separate control of each element. As well, the condenser element having an 80 HZ HPF switch and 10 dB pad, allowing the user to get a precise tailored sound. A specially designed isolation clamp is included, allowing shock protection, secure mounting and easy positioning.
- Revolutionary dual-element design represents a ground-breaking transducer achievement
- Two elements (condenser and dynamic) are enclosed in a single housing
- Dynamic element delivers the aggressive attack of the beater while the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell
- Elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically unachievable with two separate microphones
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad on condenser element
- Includes isolation clamp for shock protection, secure mounting and easy positioning
- Includes a 16.5' (5 m) cable (5-pin XLRF to two standard 3-pin XLRM connectors) for separate control over each element
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20-17,000 Hz (condenser)
30-10,000 Hz (dynamic)
|LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF||80 Hz, 12 dB/octave (condenser)|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||-51 dB (2.8 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (condenser)
-54 dB (1.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (dynamic)
|IMPEDANCE||100 ohms (condenser)
600 ohms (dynamic)
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. (condenser);
158 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (condenser)|
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO||70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa (condenser)|
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||11-52V DC, 3 mA typical (condenser)|
|SWITCHES||(Condenser Only) High-pass filter;
10 dB pad (nominal)
|WEIGHT||13.8 oz (390 g)|
|DIMENSIONS||6.50" (165.0 mm) long,
2.17" (55.0 mm) maximum diameter
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR||Integral 5-pin XLRM-type|
|CABLE||16.5' (5 m) dual shielded, 8-conductor cable, 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone, two 3-pin XLRM-type output connectors|
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch|
|AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE||R8|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.