iSK DM-58S Dynamic Vocal Microphone with On/Off Switch
Stage Dynamic Vocal Mic - with on/off switch
The iSK DM-58S uni-directional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone is designed for vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. The DM-58S features an on/off switch, something which is not commonly found on professional microphones yet has a large number of convenient on stage uses.
The Benefits of an On/Off Switch
Although not many microphones throughout the music industry feature them, an on/off switch on can be useful in a variety of situations, such as announcements over PA systems, live use when a mute function is not available, or during intervals between any type of performance.
Designed for Voice and Speech
With a brightened midrange and bass roll-off the DM-58 is tailored to perform best with the characteristics of voice and speech. A built-in spherical filter minimises noise from wind and breath "pop".
Cardioid Pick Up Pattern Minimises Feedback
The uni-directional cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimising unwanted background noise. This design helps minimise the possibility of feedback.
- 1x microphone
- 1x mic clip
- 1x 5m XLR microphone cable
- Suited to Vocals and Speech
- On/off switch for easy, hands on control
- Brightened midrange and bass roll-off make vocals clear
- A built-in spherical filter minimises noise from wind and breath "pop"
- Cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimising unwanted background noise
- Element: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-16kHz
- Polar Pattern: Uni-directional (Cardioid)
- Sensitivity: -55dB±3dB (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Output Impedance: 400Ω±30% (at 1kHz)
Frequency Response diagrams
iSK DM-58S Dynamic Vocal Microphone with On/Off SwBy: Craig on 12 November 2019I bought this mic for an upcoming gig and put it to the test with a practice on vocals and with harmonica. The mic sounds fine for my intended use and the accompanying lead seems quite robust. I recommend a minor design adjustment to the mic clip by opening up the gap so the mic can be more easily removed from the clip without disconnecting the lead. The gap is too narrow for the lead to pass through without force and there is also some obstruction to the switch on the mic body. Otherwise a very good product and looking forward to a real test on stage.