ART DualZDirect 2 Channel Passive DI Box
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
ART DualZDirect 2 Channel Passive Direct Box
The classic passive DI from ART is doubled up in this compact, 2 channel DI with all the same functionality as the ZDirect single channel DI. Housed in a rugged metal casing, this DI is ideal for keyboards with stereo leftright outputs, but can also be used as two independent DI's for two guitars.
The DualZDirect has a wide and flat frequency response, and is capable of passing high level signals while maintaining a neutral, low impedance balanced output. Featuring all the gadgets and gizmos you would expect from ART all housed in a compact aluminium casing, this is a rugged little unit that will stand the test of time on the road.
Impedance matching is a means of maintaining the strongest possible signal during a transfer between two devices. This important because having mismatched impedances between an instrument and mixer will create a signal loss, meaning a drop in the signal-noise ratio, resulting in a more clouded and less true to source signal.
Unlike traditional direct boxes, the Zdirect features a switchable low pass filter that cuts out all very high frequency interference. This Bessel filter on the output is placed out of the audio range and is reduces radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. The filter is also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the DualZDirect as an interface between a computer DAW and monitors.
Packed Full of Goodies
ART (acronym: Applied Research & Technology) are renowned for producing devices that feature unique gadgets and functions that make you think "Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?".
The DualZdirect's Input Attenuator switches allow for a wide range of signal levels and the Input Thru jack allows for tapping off of your signal chain. The Ground Lift switch lets you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, when appropriate, to isolate two systems, thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise. Another non-traditional feature is a Phase Inversion switch that allows you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
Built to Last
The compact black anodised all aluminium case and its flexible power design gives the DualZDirect years of trouble free service in live sound, permanent installations, DJ booths, and virtually any PA application. The full feature set, rugged construction, and high-end specifications make the DualZDirect the obvious choice whenever you have to interface high impedance sources with a low noise balanced system.
- A stylish, durable and very compact stackable aluminium chassis
- Input Attenuator switches for a wide range of signal levels
- Phase Invert switch on the box for quick phase corrections
- An "input thru" jack that allows for tapping off of the signal chain
- A ground lift switch which lets you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, to reduce hum and ground-loop noise
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz, ± 0.5dB @ +4 dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: .01% Typical @ 1 kHz, +18 dBu <.05% @ 100 Hz, +18 dBu
- Channel Separation: > 80 dB (typical)
- Input Connections: 1/4" TRS Unbalanced (2), 50k Ohm
- Thru Connections: 1/4" TRS (2)
- Output Connections: XLR Male Balanced (2), 600 Ohm
- Input Attenuation: Switchable, (0 -20, -40dB)
- Filter Type / Response: Switchable, Low Pass, -3 dB @ 30 kHz
- Dimensions: 47mm x 117mm x 99mm
- Weight: 400g
Custom Label: ART-DUALZDIRECT
Shipping Weight: 0.5000