Radial KL-8 Rackmount Keyboard Mixing Station with USB inputs
CLICK HERE TO 'GET NOTIFIED' once we have stock on hand
KL-8 Rackmount Keyboard Mixing Station
The Radial Engineering KL-8 is a rackmount keyboard mixing station, with four stereo analog inputs, designed to provide complete control over a professional keyboard setup, both on-stage and in the studio. Includes USB for connections to soft synths.
Put yourself in control of the mix
The KL-8 is a powerful mixing station created with keyboard pros in mind, with a number of features designed specifically to streamline and enhance any keyboard setup. You can connect up to four keyboards in mono or stereo, with level controls, aux sends, and LED indicators for each. A stereo aux send/receive is available to feed rackmount reverbs and delays and effects pedals, or it can be used as an additional input for a fifth keyboard. MIDI and USB connections make it easy to control a laptop soft-synth, utilizing high-quality 24bit/192kHz digital audio converters. The KL-8 also features multiple output options, with transformer-isolated XLR main outputs to feed the PA, monitor outputs for a set of speakers on stage, and dual headphone outputs for local monitoring and testing.
Redundant USB inputs
When you can't afford to have a break in the performance due to laptop failure, the KL-8 allows you to set up redundant laptop systems and seamlessly transition from one to another. A secondary USB input on the KL-8 allows you to keep your backup laptop at the ready - when a failure occurs simply hit the USB select switch on the front panel or use the optional JR-1L remote footswitch to instantly switch to the backup system.
Silent cueing and monitoring via headphones
A built-in headphone amp and dual 1/4" TRS outputs give you the option to practice and record silently, or cue up individual inputs on stage without feeding signal out to the audience over the PA system. Each input channel on the KL-8 is accompanied by a Cue switch that will remove that input from the main and monitor outputs and reroute it directly to the headphones, so you can easily adjust patch settings and test playback over USB without affecting the performance.
Easily manage a multi-keyboard setup
The KL-8 allows you to mix up to four keyboards send a stereo or mono feed over XLRs to the PA system. 1/4" TRS insert connections allow you to connect a stereo volume pedal and control the overall output, and XLR monitor outputs and headphones are provided for monitoring your signal on stage.
Integrate a soft-synth on stage
The KL-8 can take the MIDI output from a controller to play a soft-synth on your laptop. High-quality digital-to-analog converters give you great sound quality on local monitors and at the PA system.
Combine analog and digital on stage
Mix four keyboards together with the output of a laptop soft-synth, making the KL-8 the center of your performance setup. Stereo Auxiliary send and return connections allow you to incorporate rackmount effects or pedals into the signal chain.
- Four stereo analog inputs for keyboards
- Redundant USB connections for laptop soft-synths
- Stereo Aux Send/Receive with optional footswitch control
- Headphone outputs and cue switches for silent monitoring
- Link multiple KL-8s for larger setups
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Dynamic range: Main & Monitor Outputs: 90 dB referred to +28 dBu, 102 dB A-Weighted
- Total harmonic distortion: Main & Monitor Outputs: 0.01% (100Hz to 20kHz @ 0 dBu) (-80 dB)
- Input Impedance: Analog Inputs 1-4: 14.3 to 20k Ω (input level max / input level min); Auxillary Inputs: 33k Ω
- Output Impedance: Auxillary Outputs: 2.2k Ω; Main & Monitor Inputs: 1.1k Ωl Headphone Outputs: 51 Ω
- Maximum Input: Analog Inputs 1-4: +18 dBu (+16dBV); Auxillary Inputs: +11dBu
- Maximum Output: Auxillary Outputs: +18dBu; Main & Monitor Outputs: +28dBu; Headphone Outputs: 0.4 W into 15 Ω (8.3 VRMS max)
- Extras: USB Digital Connection - Bit Depth / Sample Rate: 24bit /192kHz
- Size (LxWxD): 48.26mm x 17.8mm x 4.13mm
- Weight: 2.83kg
- Power: 100V to 240V, locking 4-pin XLR
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.