Stereo 2-Way/Mono 3-Way Crossover with Subwoofer Output
The CR233 stereo 2-way/mono 3-way crossover delivers excellent, tunable frequency separation to maximise the efficiency of multi-cabinet loudspeaker systems. The compact 19" 1RU unit includes a stereo High/Low mode or mono High/Mid/Low mode. With input trim on both channels, high, mid and low level controls, and two variable crossover ranges, the CR233 is a low noise, flexible analog processor with all the tools needed to keep low frequency drivers tight and deep, mids detailed and highs airy and not harsh.
Why Use a Crossover?
Different types of loudspeakers, such as subwoofers, woofers and tweeters are designed to handle different parts of the frequency spectrum. However, often signals from devices such as mixing consoles are full range audio, meaning that the signal may contain frequency information from across the whole audible spectrum, 20Hz-20kHz. When a particular combination of speakers, for example, a subwoofer and a 2-way front of house speaker (top), are presented with the same full range audio signal, both speakers will try to reproduce the whole full range signal. By using a crossover to separate the signal into lows for the sub and mids and highs for the top, the clarity will improve dramatically. When a speaker system is "tuned" correctly, it will sound balanced, loud and clear. Bass content will be punchy and full and mid-heavy vocals and instruments will sound focused, detailed and defined.
Flexible Stereo and Mono Modes
In Stereo mode, the CR233 has an accurate crossover range of 45Hz-900Hz on each channel. This means you can split a full range left/range audio signal to a top speaker and subwoofer for each channel or two tops and one sub using the summed sub output. By engaging the Mono mode switch and the EQ range switch on channel 2 the unit becomes a 3-way crossover i.e. two crossover points, one between Low and Mid and the other between Mid and High. The Low level is controlled from channel 1 and the Mid and High levels are controlled from channel 2.
- Can be used as 2-way Stereo or 3-way Mono Crossover
- Stereo/Mono Mode Selector Switch with LED Indicator
- 2 Channels
- Independant Trim Gain for each Channel
- Low and High Level Controls
- Variable Crossover Frequency Control
- 2 Selectable Crossover Ranges (Low: 45Hz-900Hz, Mid 450Hz-9kHz)
- Inputs accept Balanced or Unbalanced signal
- Balanced and Unbalanced High and Low Outputs on each Channel
- Individual Summed Balanced Low Output
- All Steel Construction
- 19" Rack Mountable
- Input Mode: Balanced and Unbalanced
- 1/4"/6.35mm Jack Input and Output Sockets
- Impedance: 20K Ohms
- Rated Input Level: +4dB
- Gain: 0 - +6dB
- Max Input Level: +21dB
- Output Mode: Balanced and Unbalanced
- Optimum Output Load Impedance: 5K Ohms, min: 1K Ohms
- Output Gain: 0 - +6dB
- Crossover Frequency Decal Slope: 18dB/oct
- Crossover Frequency Select Range: 45Hz-900Hz or 450Hz-9kHz
- Crossover Point Roll down 3dB
- Weight: 1.9kg
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other SWAMP Industries users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.